Urban allure Stylists getting educated for you! Psy-Cosmetology is where the sciences of psychology and cosmetology meet and focus on the “human side” of our business. It makes salon professionals realize that what clients come to the salon for is not just a great cut or color, but rather the great “feeling they get” when their hair is cut and colored just right. Salons offer confidence. Psy-Cosmetology focus on the important role consultation plays in fulfilling client needs, offering stylists a higher level of connection with them, and on a much deeper level – spiritually and emotionally.
Massage therapy is a great way to relax and unwind, but the health benefits span greater than just that. We know that living an active lifestyle takes a steady workout regimen, healthful diet, but what about mindful recovery? Exercise is important in anybody’s lifestyle, post-workout rehabilitation is just as essential. Even professional athletes employ their own massage therapists to reap the vast short and long term benefits of this treatment.
Here are some benefits you may not know about:
- Improved Flexibility: High volume or intensity training cycles and competition usually lead to increased muscle tension. Did you ever get done with a Major Muscles class with Andrea or a Team Training session with Krista and it hurts to tie your shoe? That’s what we’re talking about. For optimal performance in your next workout you have to work on increasing your flexibility. Unfortunately, a lack of flexibility can lead to increased chance of injury. But that doesn’t have to be the case! A post workout massage helps your muscles release this tension and helps them get back to their normal state.
TIP: If you’re a runner, You should request a massage that specifically targets your hamstrings. Loosening your hamstring muscles will help you gain more endurance and speed as a runner.
- Increase Range of Motion: When your muscles tighten from exercise, this range in motion becomes lessened. Stretching or receiving a post workout body massage can be beneficial because they help unlock your muscles so your original range of motion is restored. This is important if you want to perform your exercises more efficiently.
TIP: Do you like to swim? A greater range of motion in your ankles and shoulders can increase your force and speed in the water.
- Better Sleep: Sleep is an essential part of the recovery process. Not just for your workout routine, but for complete wellness. There’s no question that the ambiance of Urban Allure spa promotes a calm mind which in turn, promotes a better nights sleep. People who are chronically sleep-deprived have a reduced ability to perform cognitive tasks and an increased risk of workplace and automobile accidents. Don’t just relax your body, but your mind as well. Other physiological benefits include decreased depression, stress and anxiety.
- Pain Reduction: Massage alleviates muscular pain, whether caused by overwork or injury. If an athlete is in pain, he or she will not be able to approach maximum effort and therefore getting the most of of their workout. After just 30 minutes, blood flow is improved and therefore increased circulation to pain points in muscles with tension.
- When To Schedule a Massage: To get the maximum benefits from your massage, it is recommended that you schedule your massage within the next 72 hours. This is especially important for long runs, heavy lifting sessions and H.I.I.T workouts.
Recently while flipping though social media pictures, I came across a friend’s post of her gorgeous new eyelashes—eyelash extensions to be exact—applied right here in Newtown, at Urban Allure Salon & Spa. No more messy mascara, smudging or the always laborious hassle of reapplication?! Slightly jealous but even more so curious, it was clear that I needed to find out more.
As it turns out, Annette at Urban Allure Salon & Spa received her certification from Minkys (a certified Mink eyelash extentionist) and in approximately two hours, she can transform your lashes from lackluster to luscious! Now, I know what you’re thinking…”two hours?”. Well, let’s not forget that these high quality lashes are applied one at a time to ensure a quality application which lasts.
Quick tip: You can save time by removing your makeup before your appointment.
As I entered the private room, I was requested to lay on a very inviting spa table equipped with warm blankets, neck pillow andcomfortable bolster for my legs. Once any makeup was removed from my face, the lower lashes were secured down (This avoids any adhesion between the top and bottom lashes and gives the technician a “cleaner” workspace near the eye.). Annette continued to explain that Minkys provided more than the typically 8-hour certification. She had to attend hands-on workshops, as well as submit her work for approval before she could become a certified Minkys’ Eyelash Extension Specialist. My eyes were closed the entire time as the technician worked from above applying my new lashes. I have to admit that I fell asleep a few times because the aromatherapy and spa music were equally relaxing!
Ladies I tell you, simply laying down in a spa room for two hours was worth it. However the results were even more spectacular.
Be sure to take advantage of this new service, performed by Annette, a Minkys’ Eyelash Extension Specialist. Think Fall outings and approaching holidays!
Call 215.968.2720 or visit urbanalluresalonspa.com for more information.